CORNERHOUSE POSITION ANNOUNCEMENTS
Contractor - Curriculum Development
CornerHouse assures that the voices of children and adolescents are heard. CornerHouse conducts forensic interviews and medical exams for children and adolescents who report abuse or witness crime. CornerHouse provides training to multidisciplinary teams of investigative professionals. For more information regarding the CornerHouse programs and services, please go to www.cornerhousemn.org
Position Summary: CornerHouse recently received a grant from the Mardag Foundation to provide for revisions of the CornerHouse curriculum. This re-design will achieve three major goals: it will update the CornerHouse curriculum to bring into compliance with new training standards, it will build on the already existing on-line, blended learning components of the training curriculum and it will incorporate best practices in terms of adult learning theory.
CornerHouse is seeking proposals from qualified persons for a contract lasting for up to six months to provide the following:
Collaborate with the Training Team to develop and revise curriculum for training programs currently offered by CornerHouse:
- Continuously maintain accuracy and currency of existing curriculum, including annual updates to presentation slides, trainer guides, learner guides and resource lists, including annotated bibliographies.
- Collaborate with trainers and video technician on the selection and preparation of CornerHouse videos used in training programs.
- Assure CornerHouse branding, marketing and style guide standards are maintained throughout all curriculum materials, including information about copyright, trademark and registered trademark status of materials.
- Support the full implementation of the CornerHouse Model of Blended Learning across all professional training programs.
- Develop accurate training program descriptions for presentation in marketing materials and on the CornerHouse website.
- Master’s degree in education, social work, psychology, or related human services field. Extensive experience or equivalent education may be accepted in lieu of a related master’s degree.
- Understanding of adult learning theory and best practices in professional education and training; knowledge of curriculum development and instructional design; knowledge of child development, child sexual abuse, professional education, and forensic linguistics.
- Experience working as a trainer with diverse professionals from child protection, law enforcement, court systems, and related community services.
- Experience working with culturally, ethnically, developmentally, and socio-economically diverse learners.
- Strong communication skills in interpersonal, written and multimedia channels.
- Strong organizational, time-management and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to collaborate effectively in small and large group settings.
Hours & Compensation: This is a temporary, contract position. Compensation based on qualifications and experience.
Closing Date: March 31, 2017
Email Resume and Proposal to:
Patricia Harmon, CornerHouse Executive Director
A downloadable version of this posting can be found here.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the above is intended to summarize the essential functions of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not meant to be an exhaustive list of miscellaneous duties and responsibilities that may be requested in the performance of this job.